PANAMA: IMMIGRATION FOR WEALTHY PEOPLE
This visa has been designed for use by applicants who wish to reside in Panama without undertaking any economically beneficial actions; without permit to work.
There are three main options to choose from:
- Investing a minimum of US $300,000 for three (3) years in any licensed bank in Panama. This will grant you a CD, or Certificate of Deposit, OR
- Invest a minimum of US $300,000 in a titled property in Panama, OR
- Invest a minimum of US $300,000 combined with the government as well as a CD.
It should be noted that the real estate property or the funds deposited need to be free of any liens or debts as well as be able to demonstrate financial means to support himself and his dependants.
A short visit to panama will be necessary in order to sign proxy/power of attorney paperwork. You are then issued a temporary immigrant visa valid for a period of three (3) months. This time is used by the immigration authorities to process the initial two (2) year temporary immigration card.
This card can be renewed after the initial period of validity and after a five (5) year period has passed legally residing in Panama, you will have the option of applying for Citizenship through naturalization.
PANAMA: IMMIGRATION FOR BUSINESSPERSON
This is a visa specifically designed for foreign nationals who wish to invest directly in a Panamanian company; a minimum share capital in the amount of $160,000 US and an additional $2,000 US for each dependant.
The applicant must be the primary shareholder or director of the company in question and must include a list of at least five (5) Panamanian workers on the payroll. The workers must be compensated a fair and equitable wage which is established by the Law of each region of the country and those workers must also be registered in the social security system; The dues of mentioned security system must be up to date.
PANAMA: IMMIGRATION FOR RETIRED PERSONS
Certain conditions must be met in order to qualify for this type of immigration program:
- The applicant must be retired or pensioned at the time of application,
- The income provided by this pension or retirement must provide at least US $1000 monthly, with an additional US $250 per dependant,
It should be noted that if the applicant can provide proof of ownership on property valued at a minimum of US $100,000, the minimum required income would be dropped to US $750.00.
The law grants the applicant permission to import personal items worth up to US $10,000 as well as a passenger vehicle every two years if so desired.
PANAMA: IMMIGRATION FOR INVESTOR
This visa is available to persons who invest in reforestation activities either directly as a person or through a corporation.
You must invest at least US $80,000 in order to qualify for this type of visa and be able to provide documentation attesting to the nature of the investment.
The following procedures must be followed in order to have a successful immigration case:
- The investment must be made with one of Panamas authorized reforestation companies,
- Documentation (personal and corporate) from the applicant as well as the reforestation company are required with the application,
- A short visit to panama will be necessary in order to sign proxy/power of attorney paperwork,
You are then issued a temporary immigrant visa valid for a period of three (3) months. This time is used by the immigration authorities to process the initial two (2) year temporary immigration visa.
This visa can be renewed after the initial period of validity and after a five (5) year period has passed legally residing in Panama, you will have the option of applying for Citizenship through naturalization.
Start your immigration process with us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)