ANDORRA: IMMIGRATION FOR WEALTHY INDIVIDUALS
Inimex is the gateway to a privileged life in Andorran society. Possessing a warm and friendly culture, Andorra welcomes and assists investors and successful people wishing to relocate to the Principality.
We at Inimex will be pleased to answer any questions you may have by phone, WhatsApp, Viber +376-325-487 or Skype (Linimex) regarding the immigration process to Andorra.
In addition to our standard services, we practice and offer private support and, if necessary, a specially chosen employee can be assigned to meet you in the city where you live or work for personal meetings and provide practical assistance during your immigration process.
Below, you’ll find the relevant portions of Andorran law which govern immigration. You’ll also find an outline of the steps that Inimex will guide you through, should you wish to re-locate to Andorra. Again, let us know if you have any questions, and we will be happy to assist you, by phone (+376-325-487) or Skype (Linimex).
ANDORRA: ACTS AND REGULATIONS
Decret legislatiu del 26-03-2014 de publicació del text refós de la Llei 9/2012, del 31 de maig, de modificació de la Llei qualificada d’immigració (art. 95-96).
BENEFITS OF THE RESIDENCE PERMIT IN ANDORRA
- Residency is usually relatively simple to acquire; you don’t need apply for an Andorran visa, as all processes takes place in the territory of Andorra;
- A child born in Andorra automatically acquires Andorran citizenship if the parents legally reside in Andorra;
- Visa-free entry to all members of Schengen agreement;
- Accelerated and simplified scheme of obtaining the Visa to the United States, Canada, Australia or New Zealand;
- A favorable tax system;
- Andorran Banking is considered to be unparalleled. Standard & Poor’s consistently rates it among the finest in the world. Careful planning by bank managers have made the banks in Andorra among the most stable and the most solvent in the world all while staying nearly completely confidential;
- A very high quality of life and relatively low prices for goods and services;
- Life expectancy: Andorra has one of the highest human life expectancy in the world, upwards of up to 82 years at birth;
- High quality education system (children learn and communicate at school in Catalan, French, Spanish and English);
- Top-notch qualified medical facilities and staff (treatment is fully covered by insurance);
- Almost zero crime rate; among the lowest on the planet;
- Impeccable ecology, clean and safe;
- The advantageous geographical location should also be noted as Andorra is located right between France and Spain;
- Winter Sports: Andorra has world class ski resorts and a wonderful ski infrastructure in the breathtaking Pyrenees mountain range, merely minutes away;
- Acquisition of real estate is generally simple and efficient.
Andorran immigration involves certain precautionary measures, to ensure that prospective immigrants are serious about moving to Andorra. To move to Andorra, you must:
- Open a bank account in bank on the territory of Andorra and transfer:
- Either €436 000 at one time, or €86 000, if you apply alone followed by an additional investment outlined below;
- Either €448 000 at one time, or €110 000 if you apply with your spouse, followed by an additional investment outlined below;
- Either €460 000 at one time, or €130 000 if you apply with your spouse and child, followed by an additional investment outlined below;
- From the aforementioned amount you have to deposit €50 000 for the principal applicant and €10 000 for each each dependent to the bank account of Ministry of Finance of Andorra (fully refundable upon departure);
- During the six (6) following months after obtaining an Andorran residence permit, you will be expected to invest in real estate in Andorra or Government bonds as follows:
- ___€350 000, if you apply alone;
- ___€340 000, if you apply with your spouse;
- ___€330 000, if you apply with your spouse and child;
- The funds remaining are for you to support yourself and your family, 300 % of the minimum salary for principal applicant and 100% of the minimum salary for each dependent, which you can spend it as you wish:
- ___€36 000, if you apply alone;
- ___€48 000, if you apply with your spouse;
- ___€60 000, if you apply with your spouse and child.
ANDORRA: APPLICATION PACKAGE
- Application forms: Sol-licitud d’autoritzacio de residencia, compromis, signatura del sol-licitant, declaracio jurada;
- A recent color ID photo, 35×45 mm;
- Passport and ID card (copy of its identification page(s));
- Certificate of birth, marriage (if applicable);
- An original police certificate dated not more than three (3) months prior to the submission of the application;
- Comprehensive health insurance covering all risks on the territory of Andorra;
- Confirmation documents to show sufficient funds: a reference letter from the bank, professional or business income, pension or any other proof that establishes that you have sufficient financial resources;
- Company registration certificate (if applicable);
- Vaccination book for children under 14 years old;
- Education documents;
- Registration of your child in an Andorran school;
- Certificate of non-bankruptcy;
- A property ownership deed or a lease contract in Andorra;
- Transfer proof of the amount of €50 000 (principal applicant) and an additional €10 000 (each dependant) to the Ministry of Finance bank account. Additional documents may be required.
ANDORRA: IMMIGRATION PROCESS
Inimex is here to guide you through what can often be a daunting and complicated immigration process. The services we offer are as follows:
- Consultation regarding immigration to Andorra, education, medical, administration and all other questions;
- You will prepare, legalize and Apostillise all necessary documents and send them to us;
- Our translator will translate all documents into Catalan;
- You should come to Andorra in order to open a bank account and rent / buy a property;
- Enrolment to an Andorran health insurance;
- We will prepare your immigration file and apply to the Andorran immigration authorities;
- After opening an immigration file you should pass a medical exam;
- The Andorran immigration authorities will deliver you a temporary residence document, valid during one (1) month, which is a needed period to check and investigate your application package documents;
- After the approval by the Department of Immigration of Andorra you will receive a residence card, valid two (2) years, with possibility of renewal;
- During the first years of living in Andorra you will be able to exchange your foreign driving license;
- Permanent residence card is valid for ten (10) years and is issued to a foreigner who has lived in Andorra for at least seven (7) years.
Additional documents may be required.
ANDORRA: FAMILY MEMBERS
Your spouse and children until the age of 18, are included in the application and will obtain the same immigration status and an Andorran Residence Card. Children under 25 years old may be included in the application if they are full time students.
ANDORRA: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The government of Andorra maintains a quota for immigration each year;
- In order to keep your residence permit, you must live in Andorra at least 3 months out of 12 months:
- The residence permit you will obtain gives you the right to live in Andorra, however it does not allow you to work;
- Property acquisition tax – 4%;
- Corporate tax – 10%;
- An indirect tax (VAT) – 4.5%.
- It is possible to apply for Andorran citizenship after ten (10) years of living in Andorra and if you have graduated from an Andorran education establishment, or after twenty (20) years of living in Andorra;
- A child born in Andorra acquires Andorran citizenship if the parents legally reside in Andorra.
OUR SERVICES IN ANDORRA
- Residence permit in Andorra for property owners and investors;
- Residence permit in Andorra for entrepreneurs;
- Residence permit in Andorra for artists or athletes;
- Residency and work permits;
- Set up a company, business and financial plans;
- Family reunification program;
- Assistance in: bank account opening, medical insurance enrolment, children’s registration to a school, exchange of foreign driving license, etc.;
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law;
- Renting / buying a property;
- Renewal of residence permits in Andorra;
- Application for Andorran permanent residency;
- Application for Andorran Citizenship.
We hope that this information has been useful as you begin to research immigration for Andorra.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you would like further information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)
Tel. WhastApp, Viber + 376 325 487 (Andorra)
C/ Prat de la Creu núm. 92
AD500 Andorra La Vella