We will be pleased to answer and discuss any concerns you may have on the immigration process to Ireland.
ACTS AND REGULATIONS
- Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956
IRELAND: CITIZENSHIP BY BIRTH
Otherwise, a person born in the island of Ireland after 1 January 2005 is entitled to Irish citizenship only if, during the four (4) year period immediately preceding the person’s birth, one of the parents has been resident of Ireland for a period of not less than three (3) years.
IRELAND: CITIZENSHIP THROUGH DESCENT
- If either of your parents was an Irish citizen at the time of your birth, you are an Irish citizen, irrespective of the location.
- If you were born outside Ireland to an Irish citizen who was himself or herself born in Ireland, then you are entitled to be an Irish citizen.
- If you are of the third or subsequent generation born abroad to an Irish citizen (in other words, one of your parents is an Irish citizen but none of your parents or grandparents were born in Ireland), you may be entitled to become an Irish citizen by having your birth registered in the Foreign Births Register; this depends on whether your parent through whom you derive Irish citizenship had himself or herself become an Irish citizen by being registered in the Foreign Births Register before you were born.
IRELAND: CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION
Naturalization is a process whereby a non-Irish national can apply to become an Irish citizen. If you are applying for naturalization based on your own residence in the State, the conditions for naturalization are as follows:
- You must be of legal age (18+)
- You must prove to be of good character.
- You must have had a period of one (1) year’s continuous reckonable residence in the State immediately before the date of the application and, during the eight (8) years preceding that, have had a total reckonable residence in the State amounting to four (4) years
- You must intend in good faith to continue to reside in the State after naturalization by making a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State and undertake to faithfully observe the laws of the State and to respect its democratic values.
- Is of legal age (18+),
- Are married to each other, have been married to each other for a period of not less than three (3) years, living together, as attested to by proclamation submitted by the resident to the Minister in the prescribed form, OR
- Are civil partners of each other, have been civil partners of each other for a period of not less than three (3) years, and are living together, as attested to by affidavit submitted by the citizen to the Minister in the prescribed form,
- Is, in the case of a spouse, in a marriage recognized under the local laws,
- Has at least one (1)year’s continuous residence on the island of Ireland,
- Had, during the four (4) years immediately preceding, a total residence in Ireland totaling at least 2 years,
- Intends, in good faith to continue to reside in Ireland after naturalization,
- Made a declaration of fidelity to the nation and loyalty to the State,
- Undertaken to faithfully observe the laws of the State and to respect its democratic values.
OUR SERVICES IN IRELAND:
- Residence permit in Ireland for property investors, entrepreneurs and home owners.
- Set up a company, business and financial plans
- Student visa in Ireland
- Assistance in: bank account, medical insurance, school for children, exchange of driver license etc.
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law
- Renting / buying a property
- Renewal of residence permits in Ireland.
- Application for Irish permanent residency.
- Application for Citizenship of Ireland
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)