SPAIN: CITIZENSHIP TO SEPHARDIC JEWS
We will be pleased to answer and discuss any concerns you may have on the immigration process to Spain.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Starting October 1st 2015, Spain will grant the right of citizenship to Sephardic Jews whose descendants were expelled from Spain in 1492.
- Present evidence of Sephardic Jew status;
- Demonstrate special connection to Spain;
- Have basic knowledge of the Spanish language and culture.
- Completed application form;
- Birth certificate;
- Police certificate (for the last five (5) years prior the application);
- Certificate of the Federation of Jewish Communities of Spain;
- Certificate by the President of the Jewish community of your residence or birth place;
- Certificate from the rabbinical authority;
- Documents confirming Spanish origins (Sephardic Jew);
- Proof of knowledge and use of the ladino or “haketia” language;
- Two test results (basic knowledge of Spanish language and of the Spanish Constitution and culture).
- We will provide you a consultation regarding: the process of immigration to Spain, the procedures of obtaining a Spanish citizenship, questions related to education, insurance, integration, healthcare, administrative and other aspects associated with your move to Spain;
- Signature of the agreement;
- You will have to prepare and legalize the required documents;
- We have a team of sworn translators who are responsible for translating all the documents into Spanish;
- We will apply your information to the Jewish Organization of Spain in order to obtain the requested certificates;
- We will submit your application to the Spanish authorities;
- You will obtain an identification number through which you could see online the progress of your application;
- Your application will be transmitted to a Spanish notary who will study your case;
- The notary will request additional documents, reports and may make supplementary verification of the Ministerio del Interior y Ministerio de la Presidencia;
- If your application is complete, you will be asked for an appointment with a Spanish notary in order to confirm your information and do a background check;
- After a favorable decision, you will be invited to take an oath of allegiance to the King and obedience to the Spanish Constitution and laws;
- You will obtain a Spanish citizenship;
- The process can last up to one (1) year.
- When you obtain your Spanish citizenship, you do not need to renounce on your previous and other citizenship;
- Starting October 1st 2015, applicants will have only three (3) years to apply for Spanish citizenship;
OUR SERVICES IN SPAIN
- Residence permit in Spain for investors;
- Residence permit in Spain for wealthy individual;
- Residence permit in Spain for real estate owners;
- Residence in Spain for entrepreneurs;
- Student visa in Spain;
- Set up a company, business and financial plans;
- Assistance in the following services: open a bank account, coverage for medical insurance, register children in a school, exchange of foreign driver’s license, etc.;
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law;
- Renting / buying a property in Spain;
- Renewal of residence permits in Spain;
- Citizenship of Spain for Sephardic Jews;
- Application for Spanish Citizenship;
- Citizenship by residence in Spain.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)