AUSTRIA: IMMIGRATION FOR WEALTHY INDIVIDUALS
We will be pleased to answer your questions you may have on the immigration process to Austria.
In addition to our standard service, we practice and offer private support and, if necessary, an employee of ours can be assigned and meet you in the city where you live or work for personal meetings and provide practical assistance during your immigration process.
LAWS AND REGULATIONS:
Immigration and Residency Act (Niederlassungs-und Aufenthalaltsgesetz)
- Evidence of sufficient funds to live in Austria
- Documents confirming a permanent and regular income during your stay in Austria
- Have a property (purchased or rented) in Austria
- Completed application forms
- Recent photo ID, 35×45 mm
- Passport (national and international)
- Birth certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Residence tenancy agreement (or purchase agreement) in Austria
- Evidence of basic knowledge of the German language
- Education certificates and diplomas
- Proof of health insurance coverage in Austria
- Bank certificate confirming the existence of sufficient funds (21,000 EUR/single applicant, 31,380 EUR/married couple and 35,000 EUR/married couple with one child)
- Documents confirming your professional and/or business activity
- Criminal record
- Motivation letter
- Complete consultation regarding the process of immigration to Austria, the procedures of obtaining a residence permit, questions related to education, insurance, integration, healthcare, administrative and other aspects associated with your move to Austria
- Signature of the agreement
- You will have to prepare and legalize the required documents
- We have a team of sworn translators located in Austria who are responsible for translating all the documents into German
- We will assist you in the matters of: opening a bank account in Austria, exchanging and validating your driver license, buying a car (registration), finding a property in Austria (purchase and/or rent), health insurance covering all risks in Austria
- We will send your application to the Austrian immigration authorities
- You will obtain an immigration visa, that gives you the right for an Austrian resident card
- First resident card will be valid for one (1) year and renewable for another one (1) year. After two (2) years of living in Austria, you will obtain a resident card valid for three (3) years
- You must prove your adequate German knowledge the moment you wish to extend your Austrian resident card (level A2)
- After 5 years of living in Austria, you can apply for a permanent residence permit, valid for 10 years
- The government of Austria maintains a quota for immigration each year which limits the residence permits for wealthy people applicants
- In order to keep your residence permit, you must live in Austria at least 6 months out of 12 months
- The residence permit you will obtain gives you the right to live and stay in Austria (and in other EU countries), however it does not allow you to work
- In a case you wish to open a company, we often recommend to register a business particularly in Luxembourg or Andorra (where the corporate tax is low)
Your family members (spouse and/or children) are included in the immigration process and will receive a residence permit in Austria.
After 10 years of living in Austria, you are eligible to apply to Austrian citizenship.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)