BELGIUM: STUDENT VISA
We will be pleased to answer and discuss any concerns you may have on the immigration process to Belgium.
ACTS AND REGULATIONS
- Law of 15 December 1980 on entry, stay, settlement and removal of foreign nationals
- Royal decree of 8 October 1981 on entry, stay, settlement and removal of foreign nationals
The applicant must have:
- The original enrollment or letter giving admission in Belgium to a university or an institution of higher education, recognized by the Ministry of Education in Belgium
- Sufficient means of subsistence to cover healthcare, living costs, and study
- Application forms
- A recent ID color photo, 35×45 mm
- Passport and ID card (copy of its identification page(s))
- Certificate of birth
- Confirmation documents that the applicant has been admitted in University or higher education institution, recognized by the Ministry of Education of Belgium
- Health insurance covering all risks on the territory of Belgium
- Motivation letter
- A letter from a bank showing that you have sufficient financial resources to live and study in Belgium. The resources are evaluated by reference to the monthly guaranteed minimum income (€617/month x 12 months) and proof that this balance can be transferred to your bank account in Belgium
- A proof of solvency: if you have a scholarship, a mobility grant, a savings account or a loan
- Police certificate from the country of citizenship and country of residence (if you are 21 years old and over)
- A property ownership deed or a lease contract of a house or an apartment in Belgium
- A medical certificate, stating that the applicant has no contagious disease, and issued by an accredited doctor
- Consultation regarding education, medical, administration and all other questions
- Signature of the Agreement
- You will prepare, legalize and Apostatized all necessary documents and send them to us
- Our translator will translate all documents into French, Dutch or German
- Registration at the University or higher education institution in Belgium
- We will prepare your immigration file and apply to the official institution and after approval we will send the mentioned case to the Consulate of Belgium
- The education visa will be delivered by a consular service a few weeks later
- You will come to Belgium and within eight working days must submit a declaration of arrival to the municipality (Maison communale in French or Gemeentehui in Dutch) of the chosen place of residence
- You will obtain a registration certificate, valid four (4) months. At the end of this term, you must prove that you are registered as a regular, full-time student
- You will obtain an identity card
- To extend you stay in Belgium you must go to the municipal administration of your residence in Belgium one month before the end of your permit and renew your residence card
A spouse or registered partner and dependent children of an international student can apply for a permit to stay and/or residence in Belgium.
WORK IN BELGIUM
You can work up to 20 hours a week.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)