LUXEMBOURG: IMMIGRATION FOR ATHLETES
We will be pleased to answer you by phone or Skype any questions you may have on the immigration process to Luxembourg.
In addition to our standard services, we practice and offer private support and, if necessary, a specially chosen employee can be assigned to meet you in the city where you live or work for personal meetings and provide practical assistance during your immigration process.
ACTS AND REGULATIONS
Art 54 paragraph 3, of the modified law of 29 august 2008 on the free movement of people and immigration.
- The immigration program for athletes concerns athletes and instructors who wish to live and work in Luxembourg;
- The candidate must be approved by Luxembourg federations or athletes club and have an employment contract;
- The salary of athlete must be at least equal to the social minimum wage for full time (1.922 EUR/month);
- The authorization stay and the residence permit are granted to carry out an activity as an athlete or instructor exclusively.
- Application forms;
- A recent ID color photo, 35×45 mm;
- Passport and ID card (copy of its identification page(s));
- Certificate of birth,
- Certificate of marriage (if applicable);
- A resume (curriculum vitae);
- Certifications of the candidate’s professional qualifications;
- Health insurance covering all risks on the territory of Luxembourg;
- Motivation letter;
- An employment contract with an approved Luxembourg federation or athlete club;
- Police record from the country of citizenship and country of residence;
- Proof of sufficient funds;
- A property ownership deed or a lease contract of a house or apartment in Luxembourg.
LUXEMBOURG: IMMIGRATION PROCESS
- Consultation regarding immigration to Luxembourg, education, medical, administration and all other questions;
- You will prepare, legalize and Apostillised all necessary documents and send them to us;
- Our translator will translate all documents into French or German;
- The candidate may give mandate or power attorney to our company to submit the application in his/her place;
- We prepare your immigration file and apply to the Immigration Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs for an authorization stay;
- The process time required for a response from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is generally a maximum of three months;
- After approval the mentioned case will be sent to the Consulate of Luxembourg;
- The visa will be delivered by a consular service few weeks later;
- You will come to Luxembourg and within three working days must submit a declaration of arrival to the municipality of the chosen place of residence;
- You have three months for:
- Take a medical exam with a general doctor. The result will be sent to the Medical Department of the National Health Directorate who should inform the Immigration Department if the medical conditions are fulfilled in order to obtain a Luxembourgian residence permit;
- Apply to the Immigration Department for the issue of residence card;
- Go to the Immigration Department for the bio-metric data (photo and fingerprints);
- Come in person to get residence card at the Immigration Department;
- The residence permit for athletes is valid for one year and is renewable;
- After five years of legal and uninterrupted stay on the territory of Luxembourg, the candidate may apply for long-term residence permit;
- Long-term residence or permanent resident card is valid for 10 years.
LUXEMBOURG: FAMILY MEMBERS
You spouse and children may obtain the immigration status and Residence Card in Luxembourg.
It is possible to apply for citizenship after seven (7) years living in Luxembourg.
OUR SERVICES IN LUXEMBOURG:
- Residence permit in Luxembourg for wealthy individual;
- Residence permit in Luxembourg for highly qualified worker;
- Residence in Luxembourg for entrepreneurs;
- Student visa in Luxembourg;
- Family reunification program;
- Set up a company, business and financial plans;
- Assistance in: bank account, medical insurance, school for children, exchange of driver license, etc.;
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law;
- Renting / buying a property;
- Renewal of residence permits in Luxembourg;
- Application for Luxembourg Citizenship.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)