BRAZIL: CITIZENSHIP BY NATURALIZATION
LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Constitution of Brazil, 1988
- Have resided in Brazil for at least four (4) years;
- The period of four (4) years can be reduced to one (1) year, if you have a Brazilian child or spouse, or if you have a Brazilian parent.
You may ask for Brazilian citizenship after:
- Two (2) years, if you are recommended by your professional, scientific or artistic capacity;
- Three (3) years, if you own a property or funds in Brazil.
- Completed application forms;
- Recent photo ID;
- Passport and identity card (copies of all identification pages);
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate, (if applicable);
- Police certificate;
- Documents confirming of sufficient financial resources or the exercise of a profession (i.e. scientific, artistic…);
- Proof of residence in Brazil (i.e. permanent resident registry in Brazil);
- Proof of knowledge of Portuguese language;
- Certificate of health.
- We will provide you with a consultation regarding the immigration process and the steps to undertake in order to obtain Brazilian citizenship;
- You will have to prepare and legalize all the required documents;
- We have a team of sworn translators who will be translating all the documentation into Portuguese;
- We will prepare your application and submit it to the Brazilian authorities (Divisão of Nacionalidade e Naturalização do Ministério da Justiça);
- In a case of a favorable decision, you will obtain a certificate of nationality, which must be included in your application for obtaining a Brazilian passport.
Children (under the age of 16 years old) are included in the process and application to obtain a Brazilian citizenship.
- The legal act of naturalization is an exclusive jurisdiction of Poder Executivo.
- A child of foreign parents born on the territory of Brazil has the right to request Brazilian nationality and passport.
Notes: Parents should not be in service at their country of origin.
OUR SERVICES IN BRAZIL
- Residence permit in Brazil for investors;
- Residence permit in Brazil for retired or wealthy individual;
- Set up a company, business and financial plans;
- Assistance in: bank account, medical insurance, registration of children in school, exchange of driver license, etc.;
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law;
- Rent or purchase a property;
- Application for citizenship of Brazil.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)