UNITED KINGDOM: STUDENT VISA
We will be pleased to answer and discuss any concerns you may have on the immigration process to UK.
ACTS AND REGULATIONS
The applicant must have the following:
- A confirmation of acceptance for studies from an academic institution in United Kingdom
- Sufficient means of substance to cover tuition fees, healthcare and personal expenses (living costs)
- Completed application forms
- One recent photo ID, 35×45 mm
- Passport and previous passports
- Identity card
- Certificate of birth
- Certificate of qualification and transcripts from the country of origin
- High school academic certificate
- Confirmation documents of registration certifying that the applicant has been admitted to an academic institution in the United Kingdom
- Proof of English language competence
- Medical certificate issued by an authorized doctor, certifying that the applicant is not carrying a contagious or a severe disease (tuberculosis test results may be required)
- Health insurance covering all risks on the territory of the United Kingdom
- A bank statement confirming the existence of sufficient resources to live and study in the United Kingdom. The resources are determined by a guaranteed minimum monthly income (1,020 pounds per month if the applicant is in London, 820 pounds per month if the applicant is outside of London)
- A lease contract of an apartment or a property ownership deed in the United Kingdom
- Complete consultation regarding the process of obtaining a student visa in the United Kingdom
- Prepare and formalize all the necessary documents in order to forward them to us
- We have a team of sworn translators who are responsible for translating all the documents into English
- Registration to an academic institution in the United Kingdom
- We will prepare the immigration file and apply to the Embassy of the United Kingdom
- All the documents will be sent back within 14 days
- The applicant must have his fingerprints and photograph taken at a visa application center and will be interviewed by an Immigration Officer
- The student visa will be issued by a consular service within 3 weeks
- The student visa is issued for the full duration of the studies
- The applicant can arrive in the United Kingdom up to 1 week before the courses start if the length of the studies is 6 months or less OR up to 1 month before the courses start if the length of the studies is more than 6 months
- Once the applicant has arrived to the United Kingdom, he must collect his identity card (Bio-metric Resident Permit) within 10 days
- The applicant may need to register with the police within the first 7 days of the arrival to the United Kingdom
The family members of the applicant (spouse, civil partner, children under 18 years old) may come to the United Kingdom by completing a visa application form if the applicant:
- And his partner will complete a study longer than 6 months
- Is sponsored by a higher education institution for one year or more
- Is a government-sponsored student for more than 6 months
- Is a doctorate extension scheme student
Furthermore, in addition to the funds required, the applicant must prove he has an extra 615 pounds per month (if the stay is in London) or 460 pounds per month (if the stay is outside of London) for a period of 9 months.
WORK IN UNITED KINGDOM
The applicant may work in the United Kingdom up to 20 hours per week during an academic session and up to 40 hours per week during holidays and vacations.
However, applicants that complete a degree that is below a Bachelors degree can work up to 10 hours per week during an academic session.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)