COSTA RICA: IMMIGRATION FOR INVESTORS
We would be delighted to answer any of your questions or preoccupations regarding the residency permit in Costa Rica.
COSTA RICA: LAWS ET REGULATIONS
Immigration laws (Reglamento de Extranjería)
COSTA RICA: CONDITION
Provide a document demonstrating that you will be investing at least US$200,000 in Costa Rica
COSTA RICA: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Completed form, given to you by the Costa Rican Migration Authority;
- Letter of application for permanent residency, describing the reasons for the application, and must include the following: i) First and last name, ii) nationality and age, iii) profession or occupation, iv) address, v) location or mean by which to receive the notifications et vi) date and signature;
- Payment of fee
- Two (2) colored photos
- Digital prints info, given to the Security of Costa Rica
- Certificate of birth, and marriage (if concerned)
- Police certificate
- Passport (copy of all pages)
- Proof that you are or will invest at least US$200 000 in Costa Rica
COSTA RICA: IMMIGRATION PROCESS
- We offer you a consultation regarding the process and the different steps to undertake in order to be granted a residency permit in Costa Rica;
- You will have to prepare, legalize and apostillize all required documents;
- Our team of sworn translators will translate all your documents in Spanish;
- Once all the documents are gathered into a file, they will submitted to obtain the immigration visa;
- You will receive an immigration visa allowing you to be granted the Costa Rican residency permit.
COSTA RICA: FAMILY MEMBERS
If you desire to immigrate with your family, you need to apply for the family reunification visa for each member of your family.
COSTA RICA: ADDITIONAL INFORMATIONS
- All documents must be translated by a sworn translator;
- You have to submit a police certificate from each country you have lived in for more then one (1) year;
- All documents must be apostilized as to authenticate public documents.
COSTA RICA: CITIZENSHIP
After residing in Costa Rica for seven (7) years, you are eligible to submit an application for the Costa Rican nationality.