BRAZIL: NATIONALITY BY NATURALIZATION
We will be pleased to answer by phone or Skype (Linimex) any questions you may have on the naturalization process in Brazil.
BRAZIL: LAWS AND REGULATIONS
Brazil’s Constitution of 1988 (Brazilian nationality).
- Being resident of Brazil for at least four (4) years;
- This four (4) year delay, may be brought down to one (1) year if the applicant has a child or spouse that is Brazilien, or a Brazlien parent;
- You can ask for Brazilien citizenship after:
- Two (2) years, if you are referenced to in you professional, scientific or artistic capacity;
- Three (3) years, if you own real estate in Brazil or the necessary fond.
BRAZIL: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Completed application form;
- Recent id picture;
- Passport and id card;
- Birth certificate;
- Certificate of marriage (if concerned);
- Police report of good conduct;
- Practice a trade or posses sufficient monetary resources;
- Proof of residence in Brazil(Permanent residency registry of Brazil);
- Posses knowledge of the Portuguese language;
- Health certificate.
- We offer you a consultation in order to answer any questions you have regarding the immigration process and the necessary steps in order to obtain the Brazilian nationality;
- Prepare and legalize all required documents;
- All you documents will be translated in Portuguese by our team of sworn translators;
- We prepare you application and submit it to the Brazilian authorities(Divisão de Nacionalidade e Naturalização do Ministérioda Justiça);
- In case of a positive decision, you will obtain a certificate of nationality, you may obtain the Brazilian passport if you include it in the application.
BRAZIL: FAMILY MEMBERS
Children, age 16 and under, will be included in the process and in the application for the Brazilian citizenship.
BRAZIL: ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- The judiciary act of naturalization is an attribution of exclusive skill of Poder Executivo.
- A child born from foreign parents on the territory of the Federal Republic of Brazil is allowed to ask for the Brazilian nationality and passport.
- Note: the parents can’t be serving their country of origin.