LUXEMBOURG: IMMIGRATION FOR INVESTORS
We welcome you to Inimex and our immigration to Luxembourg for investors page. Below you will find all necessary information and steps to take if you are interested to immigrate to this beautiful and developed European country.
If you are an investor looking to immigrate to Luxembourg we can offer you variety of services and support in every step of the way to make this process easy for you and your family. Our professional team of immigration officers and lawyers will be glad to answer all your questions and help you fill out application forms and prepare you for the immigration to Luxembourg.
You can contact us by phone or Skype about the immigration process to Luxembourg as investor.
In addition to our standard services, we practice and offer private support and, if necessary, a specially chosen employee can be assigned to meet you in the city where you live or work for personal meetings and provide practical assistance during your immigration process.
LUXEMBOURG : ACTS AND REGULATIONS
Article 53a created by the Law of 8 March 2017 specifies the criteria for obtaining the “investor” residence permit.
To obtain residence permit for investors, the non-European nationals need to invest in a future or existing business in Luxembourg, in a future or existing investment management structure or in form of a deposit with a financial institution (see conditions below for details):
- having invested at least EUR 500,000 in an existing company with its registered office in Luxembourg and commit to keep it for a duration of at least 5 years (The investment must comprise at least 75% of own funds. 25% of the investment may be borrowed over a minimum term of three years) or;
- to invest at least EUR 500,000 in a new business still to be created, with its registered office in Luxembourg and at least 5 work positions which must be created within 3 years of the incorporation of the business. The recruitment of staff must be in collaboration with the National Employment Agency (Agence pour le développement de l’emploi – ADEM)
With regard to investments in existing or still to be created businesses (investments of at least EUR 500,000), the company must or will have to carry out a commercial, crafts or industrial activity or;
- to invest at least EUR 3 million (The investment must comprise at least 75% of own funds. 25% of the investment may be borrowed over a minimum term of 3 years ) in a management and investment structure, either existing or still to be created, with its registered office in Luxembourg where it must have and maintain the necessary substance or;
- to invest at least EUR 20 million in the form of a deposit of funds with a financial institution established in Luxembourg, and with the commitment to keep said deposit for at least 5 years. The investment must consist of 100% of own funds. It may consist of cash or financial instruments deposited with a single financial institution. The investor may invest in his own name or through the intermediary of an investment entity.
LUXEMBOURG : APPLICATION PACKAGE
- Application forms:
a. the investment project as foreseen by article 53bis, par. (1), points 1 and 2 to the minister in charge of the economy; b.The proof of the investment, or the project of investment, as foreseen by article 53bis, par. (1) points 3 and 4 to the minister in charge of the finances.
- A recent ID color photo, 35×45 mm;
- Certified copy of his/her valid passport, in its entirety and ID card;
- Birth certificate, marriage certificate (if applicable);
- Recent extract from his/her police record or an affidavit issued in the country of residence;
- Health insurance covering risks on the territory of Luxembourg;
- Motivational letter;
- Vaccination book for children under 16 years old;
- School certificate for children under 16 years old;
- Registration of your children in a school;
- If the application is submitted by a third person, proxy form.
LUXEMBOURG: IMMIGRATION PROCESS
- Consultation regarding immigration for investors to Luxembourg;
- You will prepare, legalize and post all necessary documents to us for verification
Our certified translators will translate all documents into French or German if necessary;
Note: Prior to submitting the application to obtain a residence permit as an investor, the applicant must submit proof of his investment or his plan in order to obtain the opinion of the Minister responsible for finance as following:
- The investment project as foreseen by article 53bis, par. (1), points 1 and 2 to the minister in charge of the economy;
- The proof of the investment, or the project of investment, as foreseen by article 53bis, par. (1) points 3 and 4 to the minister in charge of the finances.
The Ministry of Finance shall then notify the applicant of his opinion. If approved and successful:
- We will prepare your immigration file and apply to the Ministry in charge of immigration and after approval to consulate of Luxembourg;
- The visa (if/when approved) will be delivered by a consular service few weeks later;
- You will come to Luxembourg and within three working days must submit a declaration of arrival to the municipality of the chosen place of residence; You have 3 months to:
- Pass a medical test with a general doctor. The results will then be sent to the Medical Department who should inform the Immigration Department if the medical conditions are fulfilled in order to obtain a Luxembourgian residence permit;
- Apply to the Immigration Department for the issue of residence card;
- Go to the Immigration Department for the bio-metric data (photo and fingerprints);
- Come in person to get residence card at the Immigration Department;
- Return to the municipality to confirm the immigration status and receive a certificate of residence (certificate de résidence).
LUXEMBOURG : ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
If all the criteria described above are met, the applicant is issued with an “investor” residence permit valid for three years. This residence permit may be renewed for the same duration when necessary. After a maximum of 12 months of the residence permit being issued, the Minister that initially gave an opinion on the application will re-verify the criteria required by Article 53a and if conditions are no longer met, one additional year may be granted to correct the situation. Beyond this deadline, if the criteria are still not met, it may be recommended to the Minister responsible for immigration to “withdraw residence permit in accordance with Article 101”. To avoid the withdrawal of his residence permit, the holder of the permit must be able to produce all relevant documents asked by Ministry of finances.
If at the moment of the application, you included your spouse and children in the documents they will obtain the same immigration status and Residence Card as you.
After successfully getting the residence permit as investor and immigrating to Luxembourg you and your family may apply for citizenship after seven (7) years living in Luxembourg.
LUXEMBOURG : OUR SERVICES
- Residence permit in Luxembourg for wealthy individual;
- Residence permit in Luxembourg for investors;
- Residence permit in Luxembourg for highly qualified worker;
- Residence in Luxembourg for entrepreneurs;
- Student visa in Luxembourg;
- Family reunification program;
- Set up a company, business and financial plans;
- Assistance in: opening bank account, getting medical insurance, subscribing children in school, exchange of driver license, etc.;
- Legal service in corporate, banking, immigration and administration law;
- Renting / buying a property;
- Renewal of residence permits in Luxembourg;
- Application for Luxembourg Citizenship.
Start your immigration procedure with us.
If you request more information, do not hesitate to contact us.
Inimex Inc. (International Immigration Experts)